Friday, March 04, 2005

Who is Lou Garcia?

Last night at dinner my daughter was telling us about a book she read at school. It was about this guy Lou Garcia and apparently he really loved the Yankees. Yammer, yammer, wore the number four, yammer yammer (she does go on quite a bit, she gets that from ME) and now no one wears the number four. At this point my husband put down his fork and said "Lou Gherig? Lou Gherig. They retired Lou Gherig's number, he was number four."

My daughter blinked and replied "Well then, who is Lou Garcia?"

She is doomed to be Just. Like. Me.

2 comments:

armalicious said...

That's funny.

Johnny Virgil said...

Didn't that one guy have a disease named after him? That is the extent of my baseball knowledge.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...