Monday, March 14, 2005

How 'bout that?

I wrote this Friday evening, never quite finished it...so just pretend you didn't check my blog all weekend...if you read nothing else, skim the bold text!

How about that delicious tool belt who judged the reward challenge on Survivor? ( I've got a project for you!) How about my bch Stephenie knocking the crap out of her opponents in that pillow fight? How about we throw the tatoo girl into a deeeeep well? Get that fuzzy blob off my screen once and for all.

How about Trump almost firing Erin the way he did - "I'll fire you if you don't stop talking... Keep talking..." (her reaction: eyes wide in fear, shaking head no...she's not as dumb as I thought.) I loved Carolyn laughing at Tana... I had to replay it even though Mr. Carly rolled his eyes.

How about sending me a pledge to support me in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica? (April 24) I'm not proud, I'll beg... please? ... five bucks? Those of you who work at K--, flip me a note so I know you really love moi. Just consider it a bribe, or else I'll squeal, and tell CIS to block the entire Blogger universe. Pony up!! Seriously, remember that March of Dimes provides a wide range of education and support - one small example is the scrapbooking projects underway in some NICU's. I have already found this project to be very meaningful and hope to see it continue.

How about another cooking class at the Glen Sanders Mansion... Angelo the chef/owner cooked for us. No purple-suited ladies with red hats! Awesome! We got a great table as a result. Appetizer - stuffed artichokes which I have never had but loved once I figured out how to bite off the bottom of the leaves. Onion pie/ pastry that was to die for. Lasagna, but of course. Dessert was ricotta pie that one Italian woman at my table said was The Best She Ever Had. Well complimented by Italian wines... WWW.BonelloWines.com - 2003 Pinot Grigio/Chardonnay blend, and 2003 Merlot / Nero D'avola blend. Blends are apparently where it's at, peeps.

How about the bead room the little girl on Extreme Makeover Home Edition ended up with? It had more beads than the store I go to. I was literally gnashing my teeth and saying "Oh, man!!" Mr. Carly was saying "Don't look... don't get any ideas..." Should be here when they get the pictures posted....

How about the B-E-S-T St. Paddy's party in this area, and we get invited every year. Two of our oldest friends invite everyone they know to their beee-u-tiful home just south of the big city. (The finished basement is so nice the guests were jockeying to put in bids to rent it as a timeshare. Very Adirondack lodge with an amazingly huge hi-def tv which, of course, was turned to the basketball games). This party always has plenty of food and grog, wonderful people (a fun reunion from year to year, we're all friends now) and the highlight for me is the toast Kevin gives every year. He speaks of his main reason for having the party every year - to remember, celebrate, and honor the courage that our ancestors had, to get on a boat alone, to sail to a world unknown, and make a new life, in hopes that the lives of their children's children would be better in this new land. If Kevin's toast doesn't make you cry, you're not invited to next year's party. Just kidding.

I am the proud granddaughter of immigrants. I remember the stories my grandmother told about coming to this great country as a small girl (nine years old), not knowing a word of English and being teased for it, and I remember her story about sailing into NY harbor and seeing the Statue of Liberty. I remember the cake my mother made to celebrate her 50th anniversary in this country. With a little luck, I'll get my hands on a photo of that. I vividly remember Grandma bringing me to see Lady Liberty when I was about 6. I stood up in the very top, and looked out the little holes in the crown. It was amazing. I can only imagine the emotions she must have felt, seeing me, and remembering herself at that age. My grandmother, Gertraude, came to America on March 25,1925. God Bless, Grandma, wherever you are in this crazy universe.

8 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Admit it, you like tatoo girl.


And I'm good for a sponsorship. You go girl.

Carly said...

She's going to win. I'm telling you. Whenever someone annoys me this much, they win.

Carly said...

She's going to win. I'm telling you. Whenever someone annoys me this much, they win.

Carly said...

She's going to win. I'm telling you. Whenever someone annoys me this much, they win.

Carly said...

GD Blogger!!!!!

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I heard you the first 2 times, Carly....

Carly said...

If a woman swears at home where no one can hear her, is she really swearing?

armalicious said...

Yeah, unfortunately, Tat girl will win...she annoys me too.

I like this post...very cool!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...