Tuesday, March 01, 2005

We're pushing forward...

I am a bit of a news hound... I check CNN and MSNBC here and there during the day so that I know what's going on. So let me say Ahah! I told you Robin Williams was the funniest man alive. He still is ! My man was Censored!!

I came across that link while browsing around to find out what the buzz was on last night's disastrous Bachelorette finale'. The funny thing is, there is hardly an article to be had. It's strange, but there is a ghostly silence over the internet, as though all of the ABC publicists are simply hiding under their desks saying "Nuh uh, nothing happened." There is this.

Who's watching Romber tonight on the Amazing Race? I am torn. The DVR, it is a wonderful toy. It can record two-two-two shows in one!! But what do I watch, and what do I relegate to that special place on my to-do list we call "probably never?" I decided that I simply MUST watch NYPD Blue tonight. I need to see Jimmy Smits. It's that simple. He is hosting the penultimate hour, the "this is all the stuff you missed if you're a loser who never watched this show" episode begining at 9 pm. Jimmy is on my "celebrities I'd love to kidnap to an exotic locale if given the chance" list. Yeah, there would be handcuffs involved. What of it? He's a COP.

At any rate, I am going to refrain from doing any housecleaning today, because it's WINE CLASS NIGHT, kiddies! Tonight - champagne. We are in the midst of a snow globe scene here so I just called to make sure it's still on. A man answered and replied to my inquiry that "Ted's going to go ahead and do it, the snow is tapering out so we're pushing forward." I repeated that to Mr. C, who pointed out that Ted may very well refer to himself in the second person, but it still makes a heck of a title, huh?


PS: Honorary mention on my list of Fabulous 40's goes to Mrs. TNO, the lovely wife of Erik with a K.
Happy Birthday DK !!!

1 comment:

Erik with a K said...

Amazing Race was good - Mrs. TNO hates Rob and Amber however. Did you record it?

Thanks! The birthday was fun but waaaay snowy - it hit right around rush hour and our trip to Little Italy. Made it there and back (90 mins home vs 25) but boy was it nasty.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...