Thursday, May 31, 2007

Aaaaaarrrrrrghhhh

Well this is strange, and the people all look groady. No, really.

***


I'm bothered by various things today. Some are work related and I can't/ won't share. I'm not really thrilled with a couple of people there, and how they conduct themselves. Let's leave it at that.

***


I'm also bothered by a local news story:

A young woman (in her 20's) is in critical condition after she was hit by a minivan going through an intersection on an Albany street. Police don't know who she is because she wasn't carrying any ID while she rode her bike. The accident happened just after 8 a.m. Wednesday. The woman is at Albany Medical Center where she underwent surgery; her injuries are considered to be life-threatening.

No id. Her family doesn't know where she is.

(Edit - her family has been located as of 6 pm Thursday....)


Carry SOMETHING, if you run, walk, bike, rollerblade, ride a pogo stick, whatever. Me, I wear Road ID. $20 for a wristband or tag to attach to your sneaker.

And for crying out loud, ALL bicyclists should wear a helmet. She didn't have that on either, as far as I've seen in the news. My college roommate's dad survived a horrible bike+car collision because he wore his stinking helmet. Smarten up, people!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not the boss of me.

Carly said...

J, I hate you.... (sitemeter tells secrets ya know)

just wear it and quit being a little girl already

Johnny Virgil said...

Groady? So, you surf now?

Carly said...

Maybe I will...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...