Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday Notes

Well, today I redeemed myself in the choir loft and sang the actual notes on the music I was holding. Stanley couldn't resist torturing me by saying "do verse 3!" afterward, as if I'd forgotten to do it. Sometimes I make him laugh by holding my music upside down if it's got an obvious cover. Yes, I really live on the edge.

I have determined that once again this season my son plays best when I'm not watching (baseball this time).

Evidence:
  • Thursday - scrimmage - struck out while I was watching; hit a triple not long after I left for choir(also, unfortunately, while catching, whipped mask off to get a ball, then caught that ball with his nose. Rubbed nose for next two days.)
  • Saturday - foul out ; while I wasn't watching he caught a stinger at first base to get the batter out. Rubbed hand remainder of day.
  • Today - when I had the camera OFF, he batted, hit a single, but made it to second on an error.* Also while I was not watching, he got hurt again as catcher, took a pitch to his inside wrist. I may need to roll him up in bubble wrap.

* At least he's nice. Maybe a bit too nice. He crashed in to the first baseman, stopped to see if he was OK, then ran to second and third. He had to go back to 2nd for the crash....

1 comment:

D-HOR said...

Oh you wild and crazy woman, confusing the old folks in the choir loft.

You crack me up. :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...