Saturday, May 12, 2007

Not Least?

After perusing last year's stats on the Friehofer website yesterday, I came to a discouraging conclusion.

I may be the VERY last finisher. There is an 81 year old woman who can apparently run circles around me. She will be done and drinking gatorade, and I'll still be trudging along.

Unless I trip her.


I pondered all of that this morning while I was running, and yes, I am still going to run, and if all goes well Suzy will be there at the finish line (good bonus, she's a nurse) -- right now she doesn't have to work so keep your fingers crossed. Just for the record, I ruled out tripping anyone...

...but I am definitely NOT drinking beer with Yort and the K's the night before. Even if they ARE drinking Sam Adams Summer Ale, which is awesome.

2 comments:

D-HOR said...

Everybody cheers the loudest for the last person to finish. I think it's almost a BIGGER deal to people.

So heck if your falling behind just go with it and take your consulation prize. You might even get a t-shirt!!

And don't forget to be proud of yourself no matter what you do cuz we are proud of you and we are strangers so . .. so threre.

onescrappychick said...

first... 23...last... you are a winner no matter what!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...