Friday, May 25, 2007

another relaxing weekend

I always look forward to long weekends because I will sleep in, lounge around all day, catch up on some hobby time, etc.

Hahahaha.

This weekend I have to take the kids to see Pirates (I swear they asked me for Spiderman but that's another story....), get my garden fixed up, go to two cookouts, make a birthday cake for one of the cookouts, sing at church, have a small gaggle of girls sleep over at my house*.... I'm tired already just thinking about it all.

*Finally getting to use the Cuisinart ice cream maker that mixes in goodies while it dispenses the ice cream.... which reminds me, I need to be RUNNING often this weekend.

* * *

Have a great weekend. Don't forget WHY we actually have this holiday. The other night at the parade, I caught the eye of a Gold Star mother, as she was riding by. My son was standing next to me as I paid my respects to her, for the son she gave up all of those years ago. Remember what it's all about people - that's all I ask.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...