Sunday, May 13, 2007

Links

Mother's Day... yeah, I don't have much to say there. Except that my friend (someone from choir) lost her mother the other day, so they said the mom's name at mass today, and she turned and looked at me, and ugh. Talk about feeling helpless. Handing someone kleenex and giving them a hug seems so .... inadequate.

So here are some links I found trying to get my mind off of things like that....

I have received some lime vodka that I need to decide what to do with. Votes? and don't pick the obviously most rudely named one, please.

I saw this book in Borders tonight while I was on my cellphone talking to Suzy and we were hysterical. I mean, "knitting" and "lingerie" just do NOT go together. At all. Seriously, it says "Take a peek inside the book here" and you must do it, to get even a hint of the wrongness of it.

I actually bought this book because it reminds me of one of my favorite bad movies. No, not Sin City. National Treasure, which apparently has a sequel in the works??? Who knew?

My boyfriend had a funny tv special - a Behind the Scenes show about good Eats. I heart Alton. I really, really do. Why can't I work on a cool tv show like his?

(Before I forget, thanks, for the ongoing encouragement with my running. I REALLY appreciate it.)

Lastly, I got new glasses. I really love them, because I splurged and bough Transitions lenses. It's the first time I've actually LIKED wearing glasses.

4 comments:

D-HOR said...

OoOOOoooooo I think you should use the lime vodka in a strawberry dacquri mix. YUM!!

Huh, it's 7:11 in the morning and I'm awfuly accited about some vodka.

Hey I'm thinking you could use that really fru fru frilly long wispy strand yarn stuff and it would be all fredricks of hollywood style. AAAND if you gaind a couple of pounds I don't think it would matter with knit, you'd just be showing a little more through the holes.

Some-bo-dy-s-got-some-se-xy-glasses! Work em girl.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Those clothes look... itchy.

onescrappychick said...

love the new specs.... I have nothing good to say about knitting lingerie. Except, have you seen this? http://tinyurl.com/2f3vmj

Sgt said...

Ice cold line vodka is excellent!

@ScrappyChick: LOL. I don't think dominate and knit belong together... ever.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...