Saturday, June 02, 2007

I did it!

It was SOOOOO hot and muggy. Where was the rain we were supposed to have????

I finished in under an hour- I noticed the time was around 52 minutes when I was approaching the finish line... and I started at the VERY back* ... so since I probably started about 5 minutes behind the lead racers, I definitely reached my goal. I did enjoy it and I will defnitely do it next year... (but I will never, ever carry a bottle of gatorade again... it made me want to puke...)

I would say I probably walked just about as much as I ran today because it was at least 85 degrees and muggy... I would get to a point where I felt TOO hot and a little sick... so I'd walk... I felt a little crummy afterward, but it was so nice to see my sister and my daughter cheering for me right near the finish line, as well as T from work who waited for me there at the end.

*(I cried, just a little, at the starting line, because I was so afraid all of the people around me were just going to take off, and little old me would be left behind. It didn't happen that way. There were a few people that I didn't see run at all. They walked. I finished ahead of about 10 people... so that was cool.)

My daughter was kind of just hanging around, but had this to offer after the race: "Man... some of these people smell."

And, I was not last.

But then, I didn't see that 81 year old lady either....




PS: congrats Mark & Holly!!!!

5 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

congrats!

onescrappychick said...

You Go Girl! It was hot and miserable today, and I thought of you out there running in that heat. I'm so proud of you... pretty soon you'll be coming to Boston for the big race.

Alisa said...

Congrats!

emmay said...

Congratulations!! You did it! Doesn't it feel great???
I give you a lot of credit...I swore after I ran it that I would never do it again!

Sassy Blondie said...

Way to go!! You're my hero...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...