Friday, June 29, 2007

Oh deer

It's 99 days until the race for the cure.

This morning it was cool and sunny and I went for a run. (Run/walk. Ralk? Wun?)

I was going around a bend in the road, uphill of course, and there were wooded areas on both sides of the road. I normally take at least one earpiece out of my iPod so that a car coming around the blind curve doesn't make me CarlyMush.

It's a good thing I did, because I heard a crashing in the woods about 10 feet ahead of me, which was a little warning. Otherwise, when the deer burst out of those trees, leaping across the road to the other side, I really would have had a heart attack.

At least bambi missed me. How freaking embarrassing would it be to go fill THAT out in an ER report? "Uh, yeah. I got hit by a deer."

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

(snickers) DH gives me crap because I leave both buds in and crank it... don't share this with him or I'll never hear the end of it. My son likes to come up behind me if I'm painting/working in the yard and tap my shoulder. He's a little evil. Glad you didn't get hurt/scared to death.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...