Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Freaks of the day

1. Paul Rubens, aka Pee-wee. Future Pee-wee movies?
He hopes to usher two of his Pee-wee-centered screenplays into production soon. One follows the bow-tied protagonist and his old “Playhouse” pals on a road-trip adventure. The other, which Reubens describes as “the dark Pee-wee movie,” explores how Pee-wee deals with Hollywood and the trappings of fame.

These are still the funniest sneakers I've ever seen.

2. The dude with the alligator in his basement.... one heck of a potential blind date if I say so myself... thanks Tay.

3. The person* who invented "tag day" also known as "fuck up traffic for miles by standing in the road so that you (through guilt) convince people to 'buy' a small worthless piece of paper to support t-ball, soccer, or pee wee (heh) football". *Ass.

Honorable mention to the woman who complimented me on my hair (new highlights) and then asked "Did you just have them done today?" (It was 8:07 a.m. ...so, no.)

Additional honorable mention to Shop Dungarees. Our IM conversation went something like this today:

  • talk about running and how far I run around my park, with me giving him the address and us using Google maps to both look at it while I tell him which roads are hills, etc. and showing where it is in relation to my house
  • him telling me he could drive to my house within 8 hours
  • me saying "sure, Mr. Carly will be asleep by the time you get here"
  • him threatening to actually do it just to videotape my reaction
  • me laughing nervously. Hi, John.... if he's really doing this shit he's more than halfway here... of course I did mention that I have a wireless network and he could dial in to work from here... whatever...

2 comments:

D-HOR said...

If I had kids I would SO not let them watch pee-wee. When I was a kid I wanted to but my mom BANNED me from it. Even though she let me watch the Simpsons but whatever. He's like a scary adult that ADHD has taken FAAAARR a hold of and is not letting go.

I don't want my kids jumping around and screaming like an idiot. Sorry pal I know you teach them a "word of the day" or whatever but I get get them a calender for that.

Sgt said...

You should have told the lady that asked about your highlights that the hairstylist did it on your way in to work.

Excellent service provided, just don't stop suddenly.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...