Friday, June 22, 2007

Dear birds

You nasty little wormsuckers. Did the skunks put you up to this? I can't have a full night's sleep in my OWN HOME with the windows open without waking up at 4:30 a.m. ??

I thought it was bad when Pepe' would walk by every night last summer around midnight, because my room would fill with the whiff of him, whether or not he was annoyed, and then Mr. Carly and I would have the skunk argument (close the windows! no, he's gone, let's get the smell out!)

Do I really need to be awakened by the sound of your incessant tweedling? Listen I was having a GOOD dream this morning. Can you wrap your little bird brain around that? I mean, I know it would fit in a thimble and all but.... dammit.

Oh and tell Rabbit that I'm going to kick his ass too if he doesn't stop eating all my plants. I see the tiny little stems sheared off by his teeth much longer, and I'm googling hasenpfeffer recipes. I'm so not kidding.

3 comments:

D-HOR said...

Rabbit is best with Shake 'N' Bake. Hands down.

onescrappychick said...

*giggles*.. I love waking up to the birds.. skunks on the other hand.. no thank you!!!

Sassy Blondie said...

Poor Carly! All a gal wants is some nice, uninterrupted, lengthy sleep.

Buy some of those plastic owls and place them strategically. Will scare those birds and rabbit right off!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...