Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bitch of the day

Today's complaint is as follows:

The person who empties the trash at my office fails at a very simple task. This, in many ways, shows what is wrong with our world today.

I'm not talking about the uber-lazy person who empties my personal garbage can (without replacing the plastic bag, :::gag:::) and puts it back in a completely different place. I mean, I know you picked it up ten whole seconds ago, but honest to god. Put it back where you got it. Not in front of the desk drawers. My cubicle is tiny.

I AM talking about the person who empties the garbage in the women's restroom*.

Am I bashing janitors? Not really, but this person puts a clean (?) bag into the garbage can in such a way that :
A) it is not fully open and
B) it is also stretched tight across the top of the receptacle, creating a sealed air pocket beneath which cannot be breached. You can't throw more than three damn paper towels into it, without whatever you're trying to discard practically bouncing back at you. I mean, it' s almost a talent to do it that way.

Why does it matter?

  • the person is doing a crappy job
  • they don't care
  • their manager either doesn't notice, or doesn't care
  • they get paid anyway

This flies in the face of silly little ideas like "responsibility" and "pride in a job well done" and most importantly, "consequences". (Paris, can you hear me?)

In this country there are FAR too many people faking it, going through the motions, fucking up what they are supposed to be doing, and pretending to be productive until they can leave work and go home.

This is why my croissant with egg and cheese is cold about 50 % of the time. (Hey, I haven't had one in months. I finally had one today, and it was cold. Give me a break.)





*I won't get into how one can't actually rest there, in the restroom, between the awkward noises from other stalls and the over-the-stall- walls conversations that sometimes occur, and the overwhelming grossness that is a huge public restroom. I mean, cooties everywhere. I just couldn't figure out whether it was grammatically correct to use " ladies' " or " ladies ". So there you go. Yes, tangents are my thing today.

4 comments:

D-HOR said...

AAAHHHHHH I HATE when I actually DO let myself have beautiful McD's and I get cold fries. I love their fries but they are SO forbbiden!
Seriously I wish I could be like the people I've heard in front of me in line and say "I want my fries made fresh, don't give me the old stale stuff"

But it just sounds to bitchy for me to actually go through with.

AHHHAHAHAHAH I totaly know what you mean about the vacume/garbage bag/can thing. They need to have a vent at the top or something.

Sarah said...

Okay seriously WHAT is the deal with the cleaning crew who empties your cubicle garbage can and puts it in a different place-usually right where my legs have to go? Is this some kind of conspiracy? Every day it pisses me off. Why is it so hard to put it back where it came from? It's actually in an easier to reach spot! Why are you making this so hard for yourself, cleaning person!!!??

Sorry I just lost it.

Sassy Blondie said...

"In this country there are FAR too many people faking it, going through the motions, fucking up what they are supposed to be doing, and pretending to be productive until they can leave work and go home. "
AMEN!

Lindy-ask for fries with no salt. They have to make them fresh then. I did that in college when I actually didn't worry about fries being the root of all evil (nor my thighs touching).

Johnny Virgil said...

my garbage can? Middle of my cube this morning.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...