Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More on the people I share a building with

Yesterday I was walking in to my office building behind a woman who had a lovely designer purse over her left shoulder.

In her right hand, she was carrying a very large, bright yellow cordless Stanley power drill. Matter of factly holding it down by her hip, like one might stroll around carrying a small pistol. Casual, sort of. Like yes, hey, I'm secure in my right to keep and bear power tools so I don't neeeeed no steeeenking tote bag.

Of COURSE she got on my elevator, and I employed the "I don't see you" technique I practiced in Manhattan.

As Johnny said, "Someone's gonna get screwed today".

8 comments:

D-HOR said...

"...don't neeeeed no steeeenking tote bag."

That made me laugh, I love it.

Sgt said...

Well, you just trumped my pending story of the woman I walked into the building with. She had a huge box of donuts in one hand and a can of diet coke in the other.

Designer bag and a power drill. Is that Metrocontractor?

Sgt said...

sorry about the run on link

Anonymous said...

at my job I drive by and see sick people outside smoking with their assess hanging out of their hospital gowns...

Sgt said...

@anonymous: that sounds like one of those "Find all the wrong things in this picture" activity.

Sassy Blondie said...

Carly-You mean that isn't something you see everyday? Maybe it was take your tool to work day...and you just forgot.

Carly said...

take your tool to work day? that is awesome! I need to get that instituted at my job

Sassy Blondie said...

I agree! "Take Your Tool to Work" Day could really make things much more interesting...although sadly, some people would still show up with their kids...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...