Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Random thoughts

It's hard to make chicken caesar salad if you go to the store and buy lettuce, dressing, bread, snacks for school, yogurt, cereal, spaghetti, laundry detergent, orange juice, milk, and toilet paper. Where's the chicken in that list? Exactly, dammit.

Suzy and I gave my father "The Girls Next Door, Season 1" for Father's day. He seemed very happy, my mother less so.

I am going to shoot 130 golfers this week. With my camera. And print on the site, and have them ready for lunch. Lunch will be 130 gulps of wine.

Why are there so many chef contests on now? Top Chef, Next Food Network Star, Hell's kitchen.... why am I hooked on them all?

(Side note: when I am pregnant, (which I am NOT) I can watch cooking shows for hours on end. I get horrible morning sickness and can't EAT anything but I love to watch people make pretty food that I don't have to smell. That's one of my quirks.)

If I'm so tired why can't I SLEEEEEP????

3 comments:

emmay said...

Ah ,yes. Last night I went to the store for mayonnaise and peanut butter and a couple of other things. I came back with more than a couple of other things (including a lovely hibiscus plant and some Dove ice cream bars) but no mayonnaise or peanut butter, I didn't realize this until I awoke at 3 a.m. and remembered the mayonnaise. Haven't gotten no sleep either, I expect we'll be a lot of help to this poor woman at AMC this evening.

D-HOR said...

I can leave on the Food Network ALL DAY LONG. And that show "Unwrapped," oh shit I LOOOOOVE that show. Seriously I can watch it for hours and hours and would happily do so if my Mexican didn't start going into convultions. Punk. (*whisper* I'm not in love with Emeril (but I keep watching anyways))

Sassy Blondie said...

OMG! I love Hell's Kitchen...I find Gordon Ramsey very sexy..and a lil scary too. Plus, as with every reality show, they put on twenty-something idiots who are completely self-absorbed with an arrogance that is sorely unearned. My greatest concern is that these people might actually vote...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...