Sunday, June 03, 2007

More news coverage of the race

Sunday, June 3, 2007

A 40-something mother of two from upstate New York* chased the leaders for a brief interval during the middle of the Freihofer's Run for Women yesterday.

The novice runner was as surprised as the media pool when she came around a turn and saw the elite field a few yards in front of her.

When asked for a comment, the Mom replied "Whaa? You woke me up... I was taking a nap... I was having the BEST dream, why did you wake me up? No, you can't have a snack. Turn the tv off and go outside."

Some of you didn't get to see all of my Chico photos - they were part of a long elaborate practical joke on a coworker. So since I now have photo editing skills I entertained myself this morning by creating the above picture. I'm sure y'all can pick me out! I did race with them, but I never got quite (ok, anywhere NEAR) this close.

If you would like to see actual, untampered photos of the race, in which I do not appear... click here: http://timesunion.com/ - there are several stories about the Freihofer's Run for Women, and a photo gallery.

*(whose son actually commented to her, "Mom, you were, uh... bigger... before you started running"...)

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

ROFL.. and some of us would love to know how that Chico story ended..

Anonymous said...

OMG! It's Chico week - just yesterday TSS was like, you know I hate you for sending me to the donkey site - I check it obsessively, but it never ended the story.

So I told her.

Sassy Blondie said...

I love an elaborate joke...as long as I'm not the butt of it! ;o)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...