Saturday, July 17, 2010

Charting my progress

This graph shows how I've been feeling... better every day. Taken on my iPhone and edited with photogene which I use on almost every photo to crop, straighten, adjust levels, etc.

I am so fortunate that my biggest challenge so far during my radiation treatments has been a small radiation burn on either side of my collar bone.

The fatigue is not bad and I was just debating going for a quick walk/ run before it gets too hot.

Yesterday I talked with the wife of a man I see at most of my radiation treatments. He gets the mask... If you need radiation to the head or neck, the techs make a custom mesh mask fittied to your face, and then for every treatment they... (deep breath)... fasten it to the table so that you don't move at all (the radiation needs to be aimed VERY precisely).

My heart aches for all of the masks I see just in this ONE treatment room. And my hat is off to M who is brave enough to get on that table 33 times. All I have to do is lie there with my arms over my head. And sleep.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hello to you! I found your blog on Cjane's blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about cancer. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...