Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Normal isn't

Today I got up, went to work, then home for dinner. Now I am sitting on my porch. It's a cool summer evening and there are thunderstorms somewhere off in the distance.

Note the absence of waiting rooms and treatments in my day. Sweet.

It hasn't truly set in that I'm done, even though my chemo oncologist said "you can go back to your life" last week when I asked him if I could train for a 5k. (I didn't run today. Too hot. I'm tired and still a little burned from treatments; that will last a couple of weeks. But I don't have to GO THERE. )

Every day for the last eight months has pretty much been dominated by having cancer. Go to this appointment, go to that one. Recover from one part of the process and get ready for the next.

I don't have to go to the doctor for a whole MONTH, internets! Awesome.

3 comments:

emmay said...

Congratulations!!! I'm happy for you, C!
On another note, I just registered for the No Boundaries program at Fleet Feet, with the hope of training and running a 5K in Oct. without crippling myself with another bout of tendinitis.

markhudson75 said...

Yay! Love this post. Congratulations. You've earned some peace.

onescrappychick said...

HURRAH!!!!!!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...