Sunday, June 12, 2005

Annoying is...

getting to the register, with $200 of groceries that stupid teenage boys cram into bags, whipping out the replacement debit card that two clerks ASSURED me would not need a different PIN, and then having the card declined. Good thing I have more plastic.

Why does customer service suck so much in this country? Does anyone care about doing a job right? If I take a bag of crackers out of the bag you put the huge bottle of laundry detergent in, and snap at you about it getting crushed, why would you cram it in the bag with all my bread, and think that would make me happy?

Do I need to have a neon sign over my head warning you that I am unstable today because I'm FREAKING MELTING IN THIS DAMN HUMIDITY? Can't you just look at me and see it, boy??

I should be floating in a pool right now. Help!!!

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I don't have a pool, but we're swimming in humidity over here too.. c'mon over. I found a cold beer helps some.

Bout the groceries.. having worked for a store in my past life that required bagging.. I've discovered 2 things.

I either a. bag em myself "Excuse, me, if you don't mind I'd like to bag my own, thanks." or b. (I do this either way), I put my groceries up on the belt in groups of how they should be bagged (canned/boxed, frozen/meat/cold things, produce, etc. etc.) This usually helps the idiots at the end of the belt get the stuff together in the bags ok. Oh, and bread/chips crushables.. always go on the belt last.

onescrappychick said...

Oh, and I hear that some big storm rolling in tommorow is going to knock the humidity back to where it came from. Amen.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...