Saturday, June 25, 2005

Ho Ho this

A very annoying person who shall not be named pointed out to me today that "Six months from today is Christmas!"

Are you effing kidding me? Shut up.

I have to order uniforms for next year for my kids for school, return their books from this year to a different school (because that's how it works sometimes when you go to a Catholic school), deal with teeth that need to be removed, get new glasses for at least one kid, buy school supplies plus new lunchboxes and backpacks and help with summer reading assignments.... that's all just before September first and that's not even the FUN stuff we want to do!

(Great Escape(six flags), Camping(in a cabin thank you), trip to Statue of Liberty, parasailing on Lake George with my crazy brother in law, assorted random trips to pools at friends & relatives, a trip to the local baseball park, movies, mini golfing, and various other adventures )

The fall will be packed full with the birthdays of me, Mr C., both my kids, AND my brother in law is expecting a new baby ...

So I don't want to think about Christmas, because there's a chance I could move to a new house by then. Or not..... who knows. Let's not wish away the entire rest of the year, when I'm just at the front door of Summer, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's just looking forward to traditional celebrations under the *cough* tree.

Carly said...

hahah... I know it's a Boostie, anon, I just don't know which one you are. Fess up!

Weary Hag said...

Oh I hate those "countdown to Christmas" people. Sheesh. I'm still trying to pay off last Christmas' bills and they're ready to start cramming the next one down my throat. Frig that.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...