Sunday, June 12, 2005

Not da Momma

I didn't exactly bat 1000 as a Mommy this weekend.I had to work most of the day Saturday and I missed my son's first home run, ever. I missed his first soccer goal too, once upon a time.

I used to say that if I missed my baby's first steps, or first words, or whatever, because I was at work, then their "first" one with me was what counted. But this just sucks.

I also managed to let my daughter get VERY sunburned shoulders in our neighbor's pool this afternoon. It was cloudy, dammit! I feel like a schmuck.

On the upside, I did manage to find a GOOD sitter for this summer. Good thing because we only have 8 days of school left, ya know? Really got down to the wire this year.

3 comments:

Brian said...

mommy need a spanking? sorry couldn't resist.

Carly said...

Go to the naughty mat Brian, you've been very naughty!! LMAO

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Glad to hear you found a sitter.
I know how much you love to stay for those late meetings, and now you can!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...