Thursday, June 16, 2005

Daylight savings time

I came home today and found a great big fat Fall Catalog monopolizing the space in my mailbox. I tried to order a few short sleeve shirts online the other day from one of my favorite places and one after another was on backorder. Even the stores in the mall have all of the summer items 50% off and they're all picked over.

This just won't do.


My kids still have a week left of school. Summer tutoring needs to be arranged. I haven't even started my summer hours at work.

Summer can't be over yet!

I have big plans for this summer. Getaways. Adventures, large and small. Baseball games and mini golf and a camping weekend and trips to the water park.

Looking at this catalog I feel like it's labor day weekend and the sand has already slipped through the hourglass. You know, that sinking feeling you have when you've gone back to school shopping and everything that shut down for the summer is ready to resume.

This catalog is SO going into the recycling bin.

Right after...

I just...

flip through it

a little bit.

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Pitch it! It's not even July yet. And July is a great month.

onescrappychick said...

ROFL mine was the only thing that came in the mail today.

And we aren't even out of school yet

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...