Friday, June 17, 2005

Habib the Lotto guy

So, my co workers and I throw in two bucks each every Friday and we buy lottery tickets.

Last summer we were off our usual path and I walked into this little gas station and Habib sold me my tickets. He was, well, a little bit too friendly for my liking, to say the least.

As he was taking my money, he said "You are very pretty lady". I blinked, and said "um, thank you" in what I thought was a neutral, polite tone. This somehow conveyed my deep love for him I suppose, because his next remark was "If you win this money I will make you my wife."

Hello??

I replied "Well, I'm already married." He replied "It doesn't matter." Ok, bye bye Habib. Time for me to go.

The really creepy, um, interesting part was that as I was walking out the door, he was suddenly riiiiiiiight behind me. Good thing for me was that I was with my friends, and the guy driving was right in front of the door waiting for me, and so I basically jumped into the back seat of the truck and said "floor it, willya?"

The people in my department still tease me about it now & then.

I wonder how I would have liked being part of his harem.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Hee hee, I'd forgotten about your lottery husband!

Brian said...

and to think someday you could blog about the silly folks that don't know how to work the slushy machine.

Alisa said...

Oh my! That's sure better than "Raj" at the gas station here. He did not love me. He yelled at me because I handed him a 20.00 when his register did not have enough cash in it to make change for my purchase.

Let us know if you decide to chuck it all to become a harem wife.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...