Sunday, June 05, 2005

I burn for you

Soleil,

what's the deal? I missed you terribly this winter. I pleaded with you to return. I was thrilled to see you again.

I spent those two hours with you willingly yesterday. I didn't realize you'd be so close to me at my son's baseball game. Oh, I noticed you right away. I knew I was in trouble the second I arrived, because you were already there. I couldn't escape you.

Now I am in PAIN. How could you do this to me? I can barely move my arms. They look like individual lobsters. My nose? Well, Rudolph would be proud. And explain to me how, if you're a million miles away, my knees burn but not the rest of my legs? Like, do my kneecaps stick out THAT much???

But your best achievement? Outlining the large blue stone pendant that I was wearing. We have a sense of humor, don't we?

Tomorrow JV will laugh at me at work. It's all your fault, Soleil.

5 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

Oh, I will be there with my laugh on, you can count on that.

Nick Ward said...

Pah! The last time it seems it was possible to get sun-burned here in Britain was in 1976, so I'm told. Think yourself lucky!

Only joking!

Get some Witch Hazel on it. That always smartens me right up.

Brian said...

I put some spf 40 on my wife. I guess a little too thin as she still got burnt.

Carly said...

Lucky wife Brian! :::wink:::

I'm sure I'll be a-peeling soon

and...

Johnny DID laugh at me today. He was going to smack my sunburned arm!! Can you believe him! Grrrr.

Johnny Virgil said...

Not really. Cuz that would just be mean.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...