Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Clicking through the channels of my mind

click:

Well today's CAKE meeting wasn't nearly as fun as the other one, but we did have someone suddenly shouting "Shut up! SHUT UP!" in the middle of the meeting. It was apparent he was Shutting Up a dog, but still Oh, So Awkward.

Our meeting coordinator said in a very professional tone, "Just a reminder, if you are not asking a question, please be sure your phone is muted". The Shouter immediately replied in a sheepish voice, "Oh.... I'm not muted, am I?" which was a hell of a lot funnier than it sounds right now.

Of course, you couldn't hear anyone laughing, because WE were all MUTED!

click:

baseball... almost over... I swear to what-ever that if my son does not leave the cup alone I will go out there on the field and take it out of his shorts right there. Dammit.

The coach, AKA the Guy Who Looks Like Old Billy Joel was there, yes. He commented on the fact that we managed threeeeeeeeeeee innings in 2 hours.

click:

I tried a new cookie, Pepperidge Farm Whims, which are basically good enough that you will eat all five servings at once. But you need milk, they're crunchy. Do Not Grocery Shop While Hungry!! These are never coming into my house again.

click:

Right by the window outside of Johnny's cube is a great place to have a cell phone conversation. The reception there is awesome.

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I recall one CAKE meeting when somebody fell asleep with their mute button off. For 15 minutes we heard the gentle snoring, offset by the buzzing of their cell phone as friends tried to call them and warn them that 50 people were hearing their nap. Finally, it woke her up, and you could hear her say, "Hello? Huh? I'm what? Oh shiiii" MUTE.

You should let Johnny know that secondhand cell phone radiation is just as dangerous as using one yourself. He should ask people to use their phones somewhere else, maybe.

Johnny Virgil said...

I'm working on my sign. It'll be posted monday.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...