Saturday, July 09, 2005

Country Mud Fest

So Sue and I went to Country Fest which is a huge concert up here every summer with multiple performers.

It's held on a racetrack so there is plenty of clay to turn to mud if there is any rain. And rain it did! It feckin' POURED on and off all day long. It was funny enough people watching BEFORE the rain but even better afterward. (Me, being smart, was under a t-shirt sale tent the first big storm) You can look for pretty people, scary people, stupid people, etc... You have to be careful, however, that when you check out a guy you CHECK HIS TEETH. I was looking at this cute guy (what? I'm not dead yet) and then he smiled at someone he knew and 3/4 of his front teeth were bad. A good portion were cracked off. I actually took a step backwards. Eeeesh.

Best shirt - "draft beer, not soldiers".

Note to all women, if your belly roll peeks out under the tank top, it's a Don't. If you are over an A cup, do not wear a tube top especially if you have a bikini halter top tan line. PS. Don't take your shoes off because it's muddy. You make me want to vomit when I see the clay mud squishing between your skanky toes.

Best performer by far, was Trace Adkins. We stood in the pouring rain and got soaked to the skin but he was excellent. We were right up near the stage so I may be able to post a photo when I get them from Sue's camera.

Off to a party, later people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you picked a fine time to leave me, lucille; four hungry children and a crop in the field...

Country is not as bad as I'd thought. it's definitely better than rap or r&b.

Torrence said...

Trace Adkins is great! He played at this little place in my town, and I sat right in front of the stage! I have to agree with the taking off of the shoes thing, ecch!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...