Friday, July 08, 2005

One of THOSE questions

Where will you be in five years?

I have no effing idea. I got on this funk because a woman I know is moving to Texas. From here, which is no-where-near-Texas-dammit. This woman runs the "crop", or scrapbooking workshop, I go to each month. So in other words I go sit there from 7-11 pm and work on my albums with no kids biting my ankles and chat with one of my longest -suffering friends, haha, all night.

Tonight was the last night I'll see her - she's moving in two weeks. She has a bunch of family there so it's good. She is very excited about this new chapter in her life.

But I look ahead even a year and I don't know where we'll be living, or whether my inlaws will be living with us. I'm torn between "do I redo the various rooms bit by bit?" and "should I be housecleaning and purging stuff because I'll pack and move soon?" Housing prices have gotten insane lately around here. We saw one house last week that looked promising and it was more than twice what I think we'd get for our house. And I'm starting to make friends my own age in the neighborhood. (The retireees are slowly selling off). Still, there are no kids my daughter's age and that sucks. Aaaagh!

Do you feel like you're set and settled, and you know where you're going? I mean, is it just me that doesn't have a damn five-year plan?

5 comments:

Alisa said...

I do not have a five year plan either. :-\

onescrappychick said...

*snicker*

I don't even have a one year plan...

Carly said...

oh thank god

ps that's why I like you guys, haha!

John said...

If I had a 5 year plan 5 years ago, it would've looked nothing like the current state of affairs. However having said that things are better than I would have imagined so who really needs a 5 year plan.

Mad Ethel said...

I'm stuck where I am and I refuse to acknowledge this fact by not having a five year plan.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...