Thursday, July 21, 2005

Things I'm mulling over

I have sort of a scramble of things on my mind:
  • Phil Vassar is on Jay Leno tonight!!
  • oh no, summer's almost over.... yes, it's only halfway over but the second half always slips by so much more quickly... some of my southern friends are already talking about back to school time...we haven't gone to the water park even once yet
  • I think I may have the beginnings of appendicitis. I have this strange pain that has come and gone over the last week or two, right where I think my appendix is. (Yes John, By Monday, if it's not better, I'm going to call.)
  • I had a teenage girl babysit for me today because my regular's away. She's in 8th grade, dammit, and when I came home the house was trashed. The sink was literally FULL of dishes and she was sitting watching tv. The arts and crafts stuff was all over. I was pissed at myself, for not laying out what I expected. But mostly I was surprised, because I know her mother and I wouldn't think that, that kind of crap flies at home.
  • Phil Vassar is on Jay Leno tonight!! yeeehawwww
  • I didn't have to go to Antville Soccer Camp tonight. A certain young athlete almost didn't make it there because he went over to his friend's house, and didn't come home when he was supposed to, in order to be ready on time. Mr. C wasn't going to bring him but I caved at the last minute. Because, frankly, I got home after the time he was supposed to get home, and the aforementioned babysitter didn't go over to fetch him.
  • I've been making jewelry again, will scan some. I have a dragonfly bead to work with and one other project with a bunch of "ingredients" pulled together. Also I have your fish Carol, I didn't forget you!!!
  • Phil Vassar is on Jay Leno tonight!!
  • houses cost too much around here, dammit. I'll never have a finished basment. I really want a finished basement because part would be for my kids to watch tv and play, part would be a workout area, and part would be my art studio.
  • did I mention Phil?

2 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

1. Who is Phil Vassar?
2. If you want my medical opinion, I am board certified in appendicitis after serving on a jury for 7 days for an appendicitis malpractice suit. I know everything that 6 highly paid experts can pound mercilessly into your brain over and over and over again during a period of a week.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

It is so hard to find good help! At least the babysitter isn't inviting her boyfriend over and "ignoring the kids". So I guess it could be worse.

Get that appendicitis checked today - that ain't no joke!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...