Friday, July 01, 2005

Noah's Wife is not named in the bible...

...at least not as far as I can determine.

Let's call her Carly. Because, tonight, on the way home I said "Holy crap I gotta start building the ark!"

At the time I was driving through a rather laaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrge puddle in front of my doctor's office, which is right near my house. He is a GOOD looking ...uh, where was I? Now, I know you're not supposed to drive through deep water, but when you can't see three feet ahead of your car, that's tricky. It was a torrential downpour at the time, and I was driving home with my son. He's not keen on storms, so perhaps me screaming "Oh! Shit! Shit! Shit!" going through the puddle wasn't very good. Oy.

We got some wicked storms today, wind, torrential downpours, the whole enchilada. Power is out all over. Nasty. Now, more storms are coming this way. Gooodie.

Weird news today... a truck carrying shredded paper lost part of its load all over freebie I-90. A bunch of it got snagged under one car, and caught fire. When my daughter and I went through on the way to the mall, she noticed the shreds all along the edges of the highway. (No, I didn't notice until she pointed it out, and no I wasn't on my cell phone). Big mess, and I'm sure it's lovely now that it's soaked.


PS: Godspeed Luther.... feel the power of love...

1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Hey, we got to see footage of a ferry crashing! These things are HUGE - they carry hundreds of cars and there are rarely problems. This one lost engines as it was coming in and creamed a marina. The people were stuck on it for 9 hours during the nicest day this week. Bummer!
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=f2c338a8-951c-4b17-933c-6bff93378b04

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...