Sunday, July 17, 2005

Quick hits

It's Stanley's birthday.... he's 74. I wished him a HBD and he rolled his eyes but then admitted that well, he still does everything he enjoys so life is good. I love him. For today's baptisms he set the organ to "music box notes" and played (very very slowly) "Pardon me boy, is that the Chattanooga choo choo...."

Dinner last night at Koto, a Japanese hibachi place. My kids loved it. (Ms Queen of Finicky actually used chopsticks AND scarfed down some chicken.) As for me, I had scallops that were delicious, and some very nice plum wine.

Parting thought: yikes!

3 comments:

Weary Hag said...

Holy cow pie! That baby story was incredible... wow.
Only problem is, who can afford a $600 baby stroller? I suppose someone living in a Manhattan apartment building - that's who.

You write so sweetly about Stanley. Any chance of a picture?

Glad to have the chance to visit again... it's been awhile. Bad! Bad me!

Weary Hag said...

Hey Carly, thanks for sending me the lovely picture of Stanley. My outgoing email has been playing games with me this week. Along with my Blogger notifications and some incoming stuff as well ... (time to change servers).
The photo was much appreciated!

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...