Tuesday, July 19, 2005

So....

despite what John says, he didn't even get to first base. You should also know that he cheats at cards, and so does Shamus. We all went a-drinkin' last night and Mr. Carly is less than thrilled.

I know this because TONIGHT, after I struggled valiantly to keep my face off my keyyyyyyyyboard all day at work, we went to my son's soccer practice and Mr. C put my folding chair right on top of a major ant hill, which he obviously located last night while I was out doing said drinking with Tania and the rest of John's beyatches from our department.

Freaky is defined as having an ant run sideways across one lens of your sunglasses when you're trying to read. (Love @ First Site, Jane Moore I think, a very fun book. All about one woman's mis-adventures in internet dating.)

Another book I just finished is Harlan Coben, "Just One Look". Funny, I haven't read many books the past few years but I seem to be doing the "it's summer, I have a little time to spare so let me read something" thing lately.

The plot in Just One Look is that the main character (Grace) picks up her photographs and finds an old picture mixed in. One woman in the photo is crossed out, and another person looks like her husband, Jack. She shows him the photo and he disappears that night. Grace had scanned the photo before showing him, so she tries to find him.... which of course is NOT a good idea, but it's a GOOD book. (None of that heaving bosom shit for me, thank you.)

My son just came up to me and said "Bond, Daniel Bond. Double - oh- seven and a half" (which would be, his AGE.... I guess you had to be there, but I cracked up.) Come to think of it, he should be in BED.

'Night!

2 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with heaving bosoms.

John said...

you don't even know what my bases are. Ask Sarah. I totally got to third with you.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...