Saturday, July 02, 2005

I have seen the face of evil

and it is this: Libby Lu

My daughter LOVES this freaking store. You can buy all sorts of little hair pieces to add to a girl's ponytail, purses, cheap jewelry, and all sorts of little tiaras and shit.

Then you take a bottle, fill it with a few squirts of this gunk, that goo, and some glitter, and nasty fragrance, and it's YOUR CREATION!!! Lotion! Body gel! wheee! About ten bucks a bottle.

I need a drink.

The really scary part is the birthday parties. To be even remotely cool you have to spend $25 a kid and the place doesn't even give you food. (Bowling alley, $11 a head and you get pizza and bowling. Boys are SO much easier to raise than girls.)

Be afraid, people. Very Afraid. Or buy stock in this chain of stores, because the one I was in yesterday was packed.

1 comment:

Weary Hag said...

YIKES! We charge about $20 per person for birthday parties held at the aquarium BUT... you get to handle little sea creatures, you get a visit from a costumed character during the party, you get food and beverages AND you get to spend the remainder of the day at the entire aquarium with all your guests!
This sounds like a store my daughter would have loved when she was younger. Who am I kidding... she's 18 and she'd probably still love it.
Blech!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...