Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Discuss

The only (mildly) amusing thing that happened to me today is that I was speaking via phone to a woman at a jewelry store and asking about baby bracelets for my niece. Ms. Saleslady said that she had one that was yellow gold with puff tarts.

Hello?

Ohhh... puffed hearts.

THAT being all I have to offer the internet today, I'll leave you all with these questions. Jump right in and give me your answers.

(questions stolen from Tay, who stole them from someone else... viva la internet! )

It's Thanksgiving. Would you rather host the party or be a guest?
I have never made a Thanksgiving dinner, and don't plan to any time soon. Too many side dishes, all needing to be hot upon delivery. The pressure! I bring a pumpkin pie or cheesecake and wine. I do Christmas dinner often. Take a roast beef, pour guinness over it, throw some veggies around it later. Voila.

What's your signature side dish?
Hmmm. Not a signature dish but I do make this green bean thing with almonds and lemon that my mother loves. (No mushroom soup allowed in the dish.)

Do you watch the Macy's parade? Why or Why not?
The Mr. and the kids love it so it will be on. I pay only a little bit of attention to it because I don't care about most of it, but I love Kermit the Frog (:::::hangs head in shame:::::). I would like to bring my kids down there in a year or two .

Will you be doing Christmas/Holiday shopping the day after Thanksgiving?
No, used to, but lately we go to a benefit that is always held on Black Friday, for the hospital where I had me ticker fixed. We used to like to start our shopping that day. We'd head out around lunch time when the nutjobs (sorry) were getting tired from being up at 3 am. We'd shop for a while, then have dinner.

What is the next movie you plan to see in the theater?
It's not my turn to pick the movie. I don't pick well. Refer to my post about Sin City. Bad choice for me!

What do you want for Christmas?
One of these because it gives true color and I would work on my art stuff more in the evening. Could someone please tell the Mr. ?? Never mind, I will. I need to find one that doesn't cost quite this much.

It's not Christmas until __________ is on TV.
Holiday Inn, which is NOT White Christmas. It contains people singing White Christmas, but is NOT White Christmas. It is one of my favorite movies of all time. Note: I cheat, I play this one myself because I own it.

(Amazon.com essential video: This perennial, Christmas-season favorite from 1942 teamed Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire as entertainers (and rival suitors of Marjorie Reynolds) running an inn that is only open on holidays. It's a great excuse for lots of singing and dancing, seamlessly wrapped in a catchy story, and Astaire's frequent director Mark Sandrich (Top Hat, Shall We Dance?) doesn't let us down. The Irving Berlin numbers (each one connected to a different holiday) are winners. Crosby's warm performance of "White Christmas" is a movie touchstone. --Tom Keogh )

I hearby tag you all. Especially you, in the office alone because everybody else has the day off.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

My signature side dish is mashed potatoes. I make them with some garlic, butter, sour cream and pepper.

I think it's the only true Irish culinary contribution, besides Guiness.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...