Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Get the ball rolling...

...and sooner or later it's a landslide.

So Mr. Wonderful put in the linoleum as planned. It is beautiful, but presented me with just one tiny problem. It did not match the blue on the lower half of my bathroom walls at ALL. I thought it would. (Clearly, interior decorating is not my specialty.)

I confessed to the Mr about 30 minutes after the linoleum was done, figuring it was best to do so immediately so that we could paint before the new sink and toilet were put in. (Yes, I know that it's better to paint BEFORE you put in new linoleum. I really do.)

Off to the paint store. Helpful Cute Clerk mixed the wrong color the first time. (As in, mixed a different one on the paint chip sample, not the color I wanted.) The second try looked pretty close, but when we put it on the walls it was obviously not dark enough.

I went back and got what I thought was a slightly darker shade, but in daylight appears that HCC finally mixed the color I wanted in the first place!! Still a little too light, but by this point we'd had enough of messing with it, because really, it's just a bathroom.

A bathroom that now needed a new shower curtain, since the old one doesn't go with the new floor, or the new wall color.

You know where I'm heading, don't you?

If you buy a shower curtain, you need a new soap pump, garbage can, and kleenex holder to go along with it.

I need to stop now!!

Moral: don't fix anything up in your house, because it makes everything else look bad.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

You can say that again.

Anonymous said...

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Anonymous said...

And a fine moral it is.

How are you feeling with the big day coming?

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...