Monday, November 21, 2005

How much Cider Would a Woodchuck Drink?

Wandering aimlessly around my local supermarket the other day, I came across Woodchuck Amber Draft Cider -- it's "hard" cider (fermented).

So since the wine classes are over (:::sniffle:::) I figured why not branch out and try it?

Really, not bad, a pleasant taste and fun to drink with some cheese (smoked gouda) and crackers (try the Baked Ritz, they are excellent). Not really sure if it's as strong as a "real" beer - 5% alcohol by volume according to the package. But it's got a nice beat and I can dance to it.

PS: buy me this shirt

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Surprisingly enough ciders (at least on draft) have a higher alcohol content than most beers and stouts have a lower alcohol content (and lower calories!). I recommend Strongbow Cider over Woodchuck. (and you can mix it with guiness to make what's called a bruised apple... strongbow on bottom, guiness on top).

I know way too much about beer.

Anonymous said...

I make my own beer sometimes, and I've made mead (fermented honey) too. I need to try making a hard cider. The best thing about it? It's cheaper than storebought! And when you drink beer like I do, it adds up.

John said...

Reading this reminded me I forgot to stock some Hornsby's Cider at work.

I fail at life.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...