Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How sad

...is it, that, after being carded at Red Robin (a burger place where I was trying to order a beer), my first thought was "I am SO going to blog this...haha!!"

(yeah, I know)

Red Robin for my birthday dinner?? Well, yes, I just wanted an appetizer for dinner because my team at work took me out for lunch at the Macaroni Grill which was excellent. The kids love it at RR.

Yesterday a friend of mine took me out to Carmine's. We had some great food (scallops, chicken carbonara) and Di Lenardo wine (I'm pretty sure it was a pinot grigio, it was delicious) and I had a dessert that was a sort of blend of bananas foster and cheesecake wrapped in a pastry shell covered with cinnamon sugar. Yum.

Given all of that plus what I ate at my party, I figure I don't need to eat again now until Thanksgiving.



PS: have a Happy Birthday tomorrow, John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ultimate compliment is when a young, cute guy at the check out cards you...

And it's your birthday... you can have anything you want to eat! That's the rule!!

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Carmines is the best. Next time have the Lobster Ravioli.

Macaroni Grill is good as well.. damn you're eatin good this week!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...