Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ho Ho Ho and stuff

Only 35 days until Christmas.

Yes, I actually woke up early, couldn't go back to sleep, and now I'm up stressing. When I stress I make lists.

I have SO much to do:

  • Cards - the crafty person trapped in my brain LOVES to make our cards. I'm considering doing it with the kids this week. If they're not made by Thursday, I surrender to the other kind. It's still too much work to sign, address, get photos made, etc.
  • Cleaning(haha, ok, you got me there)
  • Cookies - I make awesome cookies when I have the time and I love to do this so I squeeze it in
  • Decorating - luckily Mr. C does most of this with the kids. Since he insists on two trees (don't get me started) we usually have family over and make a decorating/ baking party out of it, early in December.
  • Gifts - ugh. I am chief list maker and "budgeter". Notice the irony of those quotes.
  • Keep track of what holiday gatherings we're going to and make sure I have outfits for everybody
  • Make dinner Christmas day for my extended family (this will be after singing at midnight mass at Church, which technically is NOT midnight mass anymore, since the past few years it has been starting at 8pm, which makes a good half of the choir nuts, but frankly I don't LIKE being up until 2 am that night...)

I'm looking around OrganizedChristmas.com to see if it will help. Funny, I can't find the link to hire someone to come and do all this crap for me.

PS: Dear Roadrunner, why the hell do you keep dropping my signal lately? I'm rather tired of seeing a message pop up that my lan cable is unplugged.

6 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I love organizedchristmas.com. I follow the HGP every single year to do my fall cleaning and be ready for Christmas, and then again in the spring.

And we have 2 trees also (3 if you count the one on the porch)and do our big decorating the day after Thanksgiving. Good luck!

John said...

I'm supposed to write up a Christmas List for my mom.

What does a greedy bastard ask for for Christmas though? (Since she likes to call me that, y'see... I'm thinking of asking for her life insurancy policy! Just kidding. Don't look at me like that.)

Sarah said...

Thinking about having to do Christmas cards makes me want to drink spiked egg nog until I pass out.

Carly said...

Beth - ahah! YOU come to my house if you're all done! Eureka!

John - I'm guessing you have all of the latest gadgets? Do you have the Sharper Image chimpanzee I was going to buy Johnny?

Sarah - I may in fact try out that approach and let you know how it goes

John said...

All the latest gadgets?

Not really. I don't have much outside of mah video games, and my beefy PC to play them on.

Speaking of which, I should probably get an upgrade.

John said...

I still need to write it up. Ugh.

I don't really want much.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...