Friday, November 04, 2005

Almost the big day

I was born in NYC on November 9, 1965.

If you google that date you'll find there was a huge blackout, (which, luckily for my mother, started about an hour after I was born. )

We will be having a party at Chez Carly tomorrow night so I'm busy cleaning (ha, ha, see how busy I am this very second??)

In the meantime this vintage blogger leaves you with these vintage photos of her favorite city.




(blackout of 1977)






(I climbed this statue when I was a little girl, and to this day I can remember looking out of the holes in the crown.)

6 comments:

onescrappychick said...

gawd, are you getting OLD. (g)
Have a great time tommorow night!

Erik with a K said...

i'm going to have an animal party in your honor - The Grey Goose will make an appearance, as will R. Bull and 3 Moose Wine

Carly said...

awesome! (send pictures)

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Holy effin crap. You know it's a big event when Erik with a K comes back to holla out!

Happy Birthday C! Sorry I couldn't be there.

Weary Hag said...

Hope you have a fantastic birthday! Your post made me miss home more than I even thought I did. I too looked out from the crown... which you can't even do anymore. Nothin stays the same, does it?

Weary Hag said...

Wait. I'm so fucking washed up it's not funny. It's the TORCH you can't get up into anymore, not the crown. Dammit with this confounded aging process. Dammit twice.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...