Monday, May 01, 2006

The curve of her glass

So as I posted the other night, we went to Red Robin and Suzy had a very unique glass for her cocktail. She took an orange/vanilla nonalcoholic frozen drink and added Malibu Rum. Here she is hiding behind some trees with the glass,



and here is Suzy imitating that fine piece of glassware with her own stem:



See the resemblance? It's a lot funnier if you're having alcohol at the time. We tried to buy a glass but they have a waiting list. Sad, huh? I don't get out much anymore.

Last year for Easter our mother looked at Sue who was in this GORGEOUS strapless dress (kind of the same color as the shirt she's wearing here, and she had a sweater to go over it when she was in church) and my mother said "your butt looks like J-Lo's in that dress". She did this when I was nowhere in earshot to say "MOM!!!"

She looked awesome. She can laugh about it now but geeeez. I had to explain to my mother that it's NOT a compliment to tell someone their butt looks like J-Lo's especially if you do happen to ever actually speak to J-Lo. She makes a nice perfume by the way. I get compliments whenever I wear it but then inevitably I get asked what it is and I get so embarrased when I actually have to admit what it is. But I like it, so there.

Where was I ? Oh, last Easter... our father was trying to get her to keep her sweater on, at all times. (this would be related somehow to the fact that when we were in high school we had to do our suntanning in a tiny area between the pool, the red stockade fence, and the house -- so we absolutely could not be seen by anyone passing by our house which was NOT on the main drag in town, so... there you go)

These are the Kodak moments of our lives.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...