Friday, May 05, 2006

The Crystals are all Virgins

So, I listen to the Tiffany Granath show on the way home from work every day. She's on the Playboy radio channel, on Sirius, at 2pm eastern time. It's never boring, because you never know what kind of advice / topics she'll be discussing. Education is a good thing. (snicker)

Today was not my favorite show, because she had this totally unique woman who was telling callers about their angels. Making up names for them, and shit. OK, she was plumb crazy. She also sells crystals, after she sleeps with them, to give them energy. And just in case you had any doubts, the title of my blog entry today is a direct quote from this fine Ferncliffe outcast.* Oh-kayyyyyy.

Moving on.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I'd planned on making some margaritas today, before I twisted a certain way and heard a peculiar POP emanate from my hip. Kind of like cracking a knuckle, but not. Owwww. Naproxyn and margaritas are not a loving combination. There's always next year.

Many years ago I was in Oregon for May 5th (on a business trip, sometime I will have to blog about the sweeeet car I rented) and they laughed at me there, about the crappy mexican food we have in upstate NY. They cooked for me, and I have to say it was FAR better than any of the crap you get in a chain restaurant.

Here are some wines you can pick up on your way to a party. I haven't tried any of them, but they're all recommended by the Wine Lover's Calendar by Karen MacNeil. I'm learning all sorts of trivia from this calendar. If you try one of these wines, please write to me and let me know how it is.
  • "If wine could be a margarita" writes the author: Highfield Sauvignon blanc (New Zealand, about $16) - limey, with notes of tropical fruit. Try it with salsa and chips, she says.
  • Another crisp medium bodied dry white is Veramonte Sauvignon blanc (Chile, $8), again she states that this wine has citrus and a hint of tropical fruit, bright and tangy.
  • If you prefer red, try Osborne Solaz, a cabernet sauvignon from Spain for about $7. Have it with a grilled burger, sez Karen- ole!

Have a good weekend! Cross your fingers for me that this back thing gets better SOOOON.


*(Ferncliffe is the name of the insane assylum on General Hospital)

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

ugh feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

the voices in my head told me to buy a crystal.....but I went to Victoria's Secret today instead...I heard people in Tahiti love lingerie....

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...