Monday, May 01, 2006

Not Too Lost

This is a nice set of photographs.

I found it when I was trying to fix my tub. Note the use of the word trying, and the futile sound it carries. (Edit: she had the same problem with her tub, and I followed a link from her question on a plumbing forum or something, back to her home page... yes, a plumbing forum... I have such a dazzling life... but the pictures are beautiful)

I can't get the trip lever assembly and the plunger out, but the plunger is old and apparently corroded and is stuck, but it is stuck in such a way that the tub DOES drain. Amen.

I sprayed a bunch of wd-40 on it (yeah I know that won't work but I had to do SOMETHING) and wired it so that if it DOES loosen, it won't fall down all the way. (Next step is to call a real plumber.)

On the plus side, I did get a clog out (while my big tough 8 year old was gagging and running away at the sight of the nasty blobs of his sister's hair). SO maybe I won't be up to my cankles in water tomorrow for my shower!! Wheeeeeeeeeee!

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I'm not seeing how you found those lovely photos trying to fix your tub.. unless it came up under a search for "trip"? The internets.. they amaze me.

My dh, is as we speak, installing a new faucet in the little bathroom. It's only been leaking for over a year (eyerolls)

Anonymous said...

I can't come up with something silly or hip to say so I'll just say thank you. I was having a crummy day until I stumbled on your comments about my pictures.

I would say your blog rocks even if I wasn't in it. I'll shut up now and go back to reading.

Laura

P.S. - I just happen to be 39 too. I have been for 5 years. It's working for me, I think I'll just stick with it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...