Saturday, May 27, 2006

Ants in my plants

Well, I'm baaaaaaaaaaack. A little sleep deprived. I wrote bad haiku in the recovery room after my friend's surgery while I waited for her to not be pale and have gray lips anymore. I won't share. (It was about the fact that my tv was broken and we had at least 20 blankets - they were everywhere. )

The last few days have been a blur of try-to-eat-something, take-your-medicine, (HOW do people get addicted to hydrocodone? It really sucks) and so on. I feel a little disoriented.

Whenever I called home my son would barely talk to me even though he really missed me. Just one of those quirky things with kids.

I decompressed by working on my garden this afternoon. I weeded, chopped down sorry little bare tulip stems, planted several new flowers that I've never put in the garden before.

I was hot as hell and it was so humid that I almost passed out a couple of times; and I think I have a spider bite. Good times. But the garden is going to rock this year.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...