Sunday, May 21, 2006

I have no opinion

Well last week or so Johnny V hinted that I rant a little too often.

Therefore, I have no opinion on any of the following:


  • the family who brought their baby to be baptised and actively played with the baby in the middle of mass, making faces and shaking her around so that Babygirl would laugh and shriek at eardrum-splitting levels. It's not like we were trying to sing in Latin or anything
  • the EFFING rain (wait, did I give away my opinion there?)
  • the kid at the First Communion service today who didn't know our Bishop's name when it was his turn to read it in the prayer of the faithful (thoughts: he should be hearing this name at mass each week... he is in second grade so he should be able to sound it out... and this bishop is often on tv)
  • my Dwight Schrute bobblehead being made in China
  • the fact that the memo about parking (which appears on the back of the bobblehead box) sounds suspiciously like one I actually got last month at work
  • Desperate Housewives because I don't care enough to watch for the last few weeks
  • LOST because my DVR gagged on it and wouldn't record it last week so I took that as a Sign

However I do have opinions on the following things, which are all awesome:

  • my neighbor who mowed my lawn in the 4 minutes that it wasn't raining on Thursday afternoon
  • Mother-son event for school - we go to a "sports barn" where the kids play in batting cages, we eat pizza, then play basket ball, kickball, etc. My baby and I got 5th in the obstacle course race. Not bad for a 40 year old chick who never works out(I wore my "slow - 40 year old at play" shirt)
  • the actual Dwight bobble head doll, because if I ignore the made in China part, there is something about watching that face with its smirk (here is a link for my friends in England) jiggle and bobble all around, that makes me laugh, and laugh, and laugh.
  • Stanley's cell phone ringing in the middle of mass. Truly awesome (recall, he is the organist.)

That is all.

5 comments:

onescrappychick said...

what I love.. is that Johnny V's link is to a lovely pink laptop back at Circut City. Rock on!

Carly said...

you have to read his most recent entry... hahaha. He needs a purse.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

You know, you should give us a little idea about how you feel about these topics.

I, for one, don't appreciate the whole baptism during mass thing. Hey, I'm on a schedule.

Carly said...

we don't like baptism during mass either because we don't get to sing a good kyrie/gloria.

potato, potahto

Johnny Virgil said...

Hey, I never said you rant. And I'm with you on the baptism thing. I don't go to mass, but when I did, I used to cringe when I saw the row of little babies waiting to get dunked.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...