Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Emily

.... or is it Rachel... my friend's new tiny baby, who is YET to be named, has the cutest little tiny feet. Almost makes me want another. Key word, class?

On my way out of her hospital room I whispered to her "make sure they give you a name today" and reminded her five year old sister to "be sure you ask the nurse for the forms for your Big Sister Pledge". Heh.

There is almost nothing better than sitting in a great big wooden rocking chair, holding a baby that's not even 24 hours old. Wrapped up in that ubiquitous white hospital blanket made of thin flannel, with an ugly striped hat on her head, her eyes closed the entire time, now and then a tiny flicker of "a smile" passing across her lips while the angels whisper a few last-minute instructions to her..

...and knowing that you'll get to see her grow up, but you'll probably never have to change, burp, bathe her, or do her laundry. All the fun, none of the work. Wheeee!

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...