Thursday, April 06, 2006

aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

I had somewhat of an annoying day, because a couple of people got on my nerves. Not a surprise, given the people in question.

Since I have choir rehearsal tonight at 7, Mr. C took both kids to my son's baseball practice at 6.

At 6:02 my train of thought went something like this:
(Alone in house) x (45 minutes of free time) = (light candle) + (relax in warm bubble bath and picture drowning my foes) - (keep one eye on the clock)

It seemed like a good plan... because (you can't really appreciate this if you are not co-existing with small, noisy, demanding creatures who want inconvenient things like FOOD and ATTENTION all the time....) the house was so quiet. If I'm here, they usually are too. I NEVER get the house to myself.

It seemed like a great plan.

Until....

(sigh...)

until the stick/ lever ( that I need to flip up, to plug up the tub ) broke off in my hand.

Broke off in my hand.

Not conducive to soothing, calming, and other adjectives I had in mind.

Not at all. The quiet of the house was definitely shattered. (Some paint on the bathroom ceiling blistered during my response to the incident.)

Something tells me this won't be cheap, either.

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

oh that sucks. A hot bath isn't even an option for me. Some day I'll blog about my dinky a$$ tub.

Anonymous said...

At least you have some cash -
actually, I had that - it was mega cheap to fix.
-p

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Yup, it's an easy fix. Which is why a plumber will tell you, "Should be more than a few hundred..."
You know when it's less than a thousand bucks you could do it yourself in under an hour.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...