Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Where I'm going

So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions
I can't answer
So much work to do

But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
Hallelujah

I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going

-sung by Brad Paisley



This is the most hectic week of the year, with extra choir rehearsals and extra church services, as I've mentioned.

Today was just a Bad Day. Late already, had't left the house yet, and one mini crisis after another keeping me from getting out. It seems that everywhere I look there are things I haven't done.

By the time I got to work I was still pretty frayed. Someone (and I know he meant well) said "are you OK?" and then the tears started.

(I think that's covered in Chicks 101. Do not ASK a girl who is obviously not OK, if she is OK, because her face will spring a leak and you'll be thinking "oh, crap, now what have I done?" But also do not walk away without speaking and pretend you didn't notice, because that will be the wrong course of action too. Get it? There is NO foolproof course of action if a woman is crying, unless you are dating her and you didn't cause the tears in the first place, and you offer TLC. However, IM'ing and offering to do anything you can is much appreciated- even if you DO say that you won't kill anybody for me.)

So, yes, I'm blogging. (no snotty remarks, because I do have another friend who WILL kill someone for me if I really ask nicely...) Ten minutes can't cure the tornado that is my house. I am tired of trying to inspire the other people in it to help me keep it clean.

I am now accepting applications for a cook, a maid, a laundry wench, a homework tutor, and a bookkeeper/ receptionist. Right now, those jobs are all held by yours truly and I'm seriously considering going on strike.

Days like this I feel like I'm in mile 12 of a marathon and it's alllll uphill from now until the end. Does this ever get easier? How do people work full time and get stuff done and raise kids? I can't even manage it while working part time.

What bothers me the most is that I can get sucked so far down by the little stuff. I'm afraid that someday when I have Big Stuff to deal with that I'll just sink under the wave.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

(tossing in the life preserver)

hang in their girly... it's going to get better

Johnny Virgil said...

You just need about 30 minutes in a convertible on a sunny day. Next time we'll go get coffee. (decaf for you though.)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...