Sunday, April 09, 2006

Games

There's this guy in my choir who is late e-v-e-r-y rehearsal... he strolls in at 7:20. We'll be in in the middle of something, and he breaks the flow. Notice me, notice me. Every Sunday morning, he's late again. We sing a song before mass, which he always misses. It's like some sort of game that he plays. It can't be accidental.

Today he was early for mass. We messed up our first song. His presence threw off the cosmic balance.

Tonight, he skidded in at the last possible minute, and our performance was much better. Order has been restored.

* * *

If my mother says "we're not doing anything for Easter, but we're having your brother over for dinner" (in other words, Carly, Mr. and the kids are not invited) do I need one therapist, or two?

I mean, frankly, after singing tonight, then I'll be singing Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday morning.... I'll have to be careful not to wish anyone "happy freaking easter". I'm over it by the actual day. I've been singing these songs since January 2. I love to sing them, but by next Sunday, I'll be tired and hoarse. I'll just go home, put my sweats on, and make brunch. Pass the mimosas.

But... still.

* * *

If someone else in my family asked me on Superbowl Sunday what I am doing April 29, and I told them I have plans, and today they mentioned that they're having a party on April 29, and then got annoyed because I STILL HAVE THE SAME OTHER PLANS, an event I'm responsible for.... is that me being crazy again?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm singing Thursday, Friday and Sunday, and I've been practicing at least twice a week for the past 2 months, and yesterday I heard myself say, "I cannot wait for stupid Easter to be over." Yikes. Hopefully the big man knows I don't really mean it. :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...