Saturday, April 22, 2006

Getting there

(Edited... took the picture out because I have a newer one posted now of the finished mural).


After about 9 hours of painting today with my sister this is where we stand. The cabinet will be moved when all is said and done. The tree, which is in the corner, is not finished... it will have two branches on the right side too. I also need to finish the shoreline near the tree (more rocks). Sue did the ocean/sand/sky, I worked on the Big Tree.

My daughter loves it so far. I never thought to NOT let her see it at all until it was done. D'oh.

We used sandstone spray paint for the beach sand. Hee hee. It's textured sand.



For fun she did this gecko over the doorway so you might notice it as you're walking out of the room. It took her maybe 20 minutes? She is an awesome artist. Me, I'm good at trees. (Silly face goes here.)

I'm so tired. My legs are killing me. Tree = (up the ladder + down the ladder ) x1000

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

it looks awesome..can't wait to see when it's done!!!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...