Sunday, April 16, 2006

WHAT have I started?

I've done a crazy thing...we're emptying out my daughter's room and painting it. Nothing like a relaxing couple of days off. (That kid has SO much clutter. We're only putting 1/2 or 2/3 of her stuff back in...)



I'm going with a "beach" sort of look. Two walls will be very soft blue, two will be green. I'm hoping the paint doesn't look as dark as it does in this picture... it doesn't in person. The trim will stay white and the walls are broken up quite a bit by windows/doors, etc... it's a pretty small room. The furniture's white.

We're going to get this part done, then do a wall mural over her bed. (that's what the other colors are for... ideas for beach and palm tree- mural will be loosely based on this (with a palm tree in the one corner of the room...):

Yeah... I'm crazy. I'm thinking acrylic paint for the mural (and I'll stock up on bin paint if I ever sell the house.... whatever...that's not happening any time soon). I really want to use grit paint for the sand but Mr. C is going "well....."

This project, of course, will snowball out of control in no time. I now need new switchplates, a new mirror & clock for her, seashell knobs, a new lamp... I need to take the (cream) rug out of my son's room because her rug is pink right now.

SO then HE gets a new rug and we do his room (baseball stadium mural). Dare me to buy astroturf?

Crazy.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

How cool.

I saw this neat idea, where you take a strand (or however many) of white Christmas lights, and use some heavy duty glue and glue small shells in front of the lights, and then hang them up. It was a neat effect.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Ok, first of all--YOUR AVATAR IS MY AVATAR, except yours has blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and diff background and clothes, but anyway!)

Also, I just painted a bathroom blue and green... however, the blue was Blue Man Group head blue, and the green was buzz lightyear green. And to be cute, I sliced a diagonal line in the wall and had the two colors meet on one line. hate it. But am getting used to it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...