Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mini wine review

Last night I opened up a bottle of Ramon Cardova "Rioja" (2003) while I was slamming pots and p.... I mean, making dinner.

It's a spanish red wine, , made from Tempranillo grapes ( ...from "the old vines surrounding the town of Haro, La Rioja" - dig that) and I really liked it. This text is also lifted right from the bottle:

With its bright ruby red color, a nose of ripe wild berries and balsamic aromas, Ramon Cardova is ideal with red meat, fish, and soft, light cheeses.

I'm not one for a real strong finish, and that's one reason I liked this wine. It was nice with the meal (steak and salad, not that any of those buggers deserved it, it's what I wanted....) and it was good to sip afterwards while I watched American Idol contestants mangle Queen songs.

Not bad, not bad at all. Incidentally, it's also kosher.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...